Senior Residential Community at The Bellwood — a proposed senior living community near Century City.
Enhanced senior lifestyles: More than just a place to live, The Bellwood will be a holistic community, where residents can make the most of their retirement years.
Integrate with the community: The Bellwood will have a beautiful and thoughtful design that blends with — and enhances — the surrounding neighborhood.
- Senior residential community consisting of approximately 71 independent living units, 75 assisted living units and 46 memory care units
- Provides much-needed senior housing in the West Los Angeles area
- Allows seniors to remain in the same neighborhood where they live now — close to family, friends and social networks
- Includes upgraded sidewalks and enhanced streetscape along a reconfigured Bellwood Avenue
- Provides community meeting space for residents and neighbors
- Provides two levels of underground parking to reduce building height
- High-quality architecture and thoughtful design establishing a warm residential feel to the property
- Extensive landscaping and garden features
- Relationship with USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology
- Consistent with existing zoning and community plan for the property
What will The Bellwood be like?
Who We Are
- Average age of 83
- About 25% will be couples and 75% will be singles
- Most residents generally move to our facilities from nearby areas
- A majority of our residents have moved out of their long-time homes to live with us because of a need for medical care or a desire for a stronger sense of community
- Want to stay in the neighborhood they live in now, close to friends and family
Activities & Care
- Shuttles provided to grocery stores, shopping outings, doctor appointments and civic and cultural activities
- Volunteering at local non-profits and schools
- Meals and various dining opportunities provided in-house
- On-site wellness center, including fitness, yoga, meditation and swimming
- Social and recreational activities on-site such as arts and crafts
- Pet-friendly and pet therapy for residents
- Occupational therapists offer training to strengthen memory and cognitive skills
- "Flex" spaces can be converted to neighborhood meeting rooms
- Project will provide and maintain landscaping and enhanced streetscape
- Partnerships with local educational institutions and community groups
South Bay Partners and West Bay Senior Living - Industry leading team with experience in developing and managing senior communities throughout the United States.
"The thing I liked most about working with West Bay Senior Living was the fact that they took a personal interest in me. They took the time to get to know me and understand what I wanted and needed. That made the transition to The Covington so much easier for me. This kind of personal attention showed in every aspect at the community—from personal care, to dining, to housekeeping. Everything is top notch."